Time is critical. A new chain of islands has been discovered, and you must make claim to them before they are lost to your competitors! The victor shall be the first player to house 200 Settlers on two separate islands, and achieve a positive balance sheet of 200 coins.
Fortune has not favoured you. After weeks at sea, it becomes evident that the small chain of islands before you provide a necessary break from the hard life at sea. Establish a town of 600 inhabitants, 100 of them Merchants, before you can continue on your journey.
Your King's missive is clear; the first among you to construct the following will inherit all the land this sea has to offer:
1 city of 1200 inhabitants, housing 180 Aristocrats
1 city of 600 inhabitants, housing 400 Citizens
1 city of 400 inhabitants, housing 200 Settlers
In addition, your sales revenue must exceed your purchase cost by no less than 120 coins.
While your King has been most generous with his provisions, it is clear that trade and resourcefulness will be essential if you are to be successful in your mission.
Having sampled the fruits of past voyages, the people of your home kingdom have begun to crave the exotic tastes of faraway lands. You have been sent to a southward region, where you must establish a firm hold over the lush islands that abound there. Your mission will only be completed when you have built:
- One city housing 2000 Aristocrats
- Two cities, each housing 500 Citizens
Fairness, loyalty, and generosity. These are all qualities you value, and it is about time you demonstrated them to your long-time ally and friend, who has just founded a new settlement. Your task is to settle on the neighbouring islands, and support him until he has a city housing 100 Merchants.
Your brother and you have always been fiercely competitive. In an attempt to finally bring peace between you, your father has sent you to an abundant pair of islands. But if you are to build up two cities - one housing 1000 inhabitants and 100 Aristocrats, the other housing 500 Citizens - then you will have to learn to share… to an extent.
After a long voyage into uncharted waters, you have finally arrived at a bountiful land. However, some other prominent lords have accompanied you - and the king will only favour one of you. You must show your mastery of this land, and you will be richly rewarded.
================ Scoring ================
Decide on a game length, and calculate totals for each player when time runs out.
- MINUS 10 pts for every island with only Pioneers
- 10 pts for every island with Settlers
- 20 pts for every island with Citizens
- 30 pts for every island with Merchants
- 40 pts for every island with Aristocrats
- MINUS 10 pts for every island with fewer than 100 inhabitants
- 10 pts for every island with 200 inhabitants
- 20 pts for every island with 500 inhabitants
- 30 pts for every island with 1000 inhabitants
- 40 pts for every island with 1500 inhabitants
- 5 pts for every island with an Iron Mine
- 10 pts for every island with a Gold Mine
Bonus (split points in the case of a tie):
- 10 pts for the player with the most Ships
- 10 pts for the player with the most Monuments
- 10 pts for the player with the highest balance sheet (not counting trade)
- 10 pts for the player with the highest balance from trade
- 10 pts for the player with the most money
- 10 pts for the player with the highest "Villages and Cities" score
- 10 pts for the player with the highest "Islands Settled" score